Our priority is protecting the health and safety of our players, coaches, volunteers, and spectators. Virginia Valor FC will follow state and local guidelines and orders regarding the reopening of organized youth sports considering the coronavirus. Virginia Valor FC reserves the right in its sole discretion to decline to open or to suspend or cancel the fall, winter, or spring seasons due to the coronavirus.
When play begins for the seasonal year, we understand the importance of and will adhere strictly to all current social distancing and other coronavirus guidelines and orders as per the CDC and Fairfax County Health Department. We understand that Virginia Valor FC Soccer may suspend or terminate a player’s eligibility to play with Virginia Valor FC based upon the player’s or player’s family’s failure to adhere to social distancing and other coronavirus guidelines and orders.
- Stay home if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are waiting on test results, are showing COVID-19 symptoms, or have had a close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Bring your own equipment, like gloves, head gear, helmets, water bottles, and bats, if possible, to limit shared equipment.
- Masks are optional for all.
- Clean or sanitize your hands before and after practices, games, and sharing equipment.
- Tell a coach or staff member if you don’t feel well.
Stay home if sick
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, have been diagnosed with COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, or may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, you should stay home and not participate in any sports.
Minimize sharing of equipment or gear. Don’t share food or drinks.
- Encourage players to bring their own equipment, if possible, keeper gloves, shin guards, balls, etc.
- Bring your own water to minimize use and touching of drinking fountains. Consider labeling your water battle with your name.
- Clean high-touch surfaces regularly (e.g., daily, or as often as needed)
- Don’t share towels, clothing, or any items used to wipe your face or hands.
- Avoid sharing food, drink containers (e.g., coolers), and utensils.
Cover your coughs and sneezes. Don’t spit.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue. Used tissues should be thrown away and hands washed immediately with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol.
Advice for coaches
- Inform them about actions that the sports program will take to protect players
- Remind them to stay home if they are sick, have symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19 or are waiting for test results, or if they have been around someone who is sick or who has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Educate players about covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue. Discourage spitting.